Sunday, May 8, 2011

Response to Collections by Missy Ramsey

When you look at collections, I do not think it will be art actually, rather more a hobby...  I do have a collection of all the movies and events that I have with my boyfriend to, I also give him a card for every annivesary that we have and intentionally put the date on the card so that there is one for every month.  However, Fred Wilson and Mark Dion believe that collections and art work that people do in their own homes can be considered art work.
 By filling up the art room with shapes out of wood or pictures of shapes is, I believe hard to make it an art piece because I would not understand why it would be art work in the first place.  My grandma collects precious moments, but I think that she only does this because she is religious and likes the dolls that are made, but not the art work that is made from them.  That is why I believe collection is a hobby rather than an art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment